The Twelve Steps for Sex-Related Problems
- We admitted we were powerless over sex and love addiction — that our lives had become unmanageable
- Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
- Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood God.
- Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
- Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
- Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
- Humbly asked God to remove our shortcomings.
- Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.
- Made direct amends to such people, wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
- Continued to take personal inventory, and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
- Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with a Power greater than ourselves, praying only for knowledge of God’s will for us and the power to carry that out.
- Having had a spiritual awakening as a result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to sex and love addicts, and to practice these principles in all areas of our lives.
© 1986 by The Augustine Fellowship, Sex and Love Addicts Anonymous, Fellowship-Wide Services, Inc., Boston MA. Reprinted with adaptation by permission of A.A. World Services, Inc.
* The other “S” fellowships use these same steps with minor textural differences.